Getting your car fixed isn’t an easy job to do and you need to make sure that your car is in the right hands. There are a lot of auto-body repair shops around. Before you go ahead and make a hasty decision, there are a few things you need to ask your auto-body repair shop.
Auto-body repair shops do all sorts of things for you. It may be going for the paint less dent removal or getting your tire fixed, there are a lot of things you need to take care of.
Here are a few questions you need to ask the auto-body shop –
1. How long they are in the business – There are a lot of car body shops around your neighborhood and your city but how do you determine which one is the best? Talk to the preferred body shops. Ask about their experiences, how long they have been in the business and how experienced are their employees. These things matter a lot because the longer they are in the business the better their services are.
2. What kind of warranty they offer – Most auto-body shops provide warranty for their work. So the body shop you have short listed, they might provide some warranty options too. Ask them what kind of warranty options they provide.
3. Does the auto body repair shop have rental cars on their lot or do they provide loaner vehicles – Being without a car is an inconvenience, so you’ll need to make sure that you have a rental, loaner or courtesy car while yours is in the shop. Some auto body repair shops have a car rental facility located in or near their shop. Other auto body repair shops may offer loaner or courtesy cars that can be used while they are repairing your car.
4. How long will they take to repair the car – You car might go through various changes and repairing so it might take more time than usual. Make sure to clear these things up from the body shop before you let them repair your car.
5. Will the paint match the rest of my car – In most cases, cars have a paint code on a plate located either in a door jamb, under the hood, or in the trunk. This paint code will give the exact color of the manufacturer’s paint. Make sure the auto body repair shop will be using the same exact color of paint and not a similar color.